Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungAs convenient one day hike of Gommer Waldweg (forest path) there would be the section from Oberwald to Reckingen. The forest gives shadow and protects the hiker from hot sun rays. Down in the valley sunburnt villages and dreamy hamlets are located.
WanderungYou like to hike across the Galebrunne? Please explain The local people describes Galebrunne as the alp that, after an immense rock fall, sits highly enthroned above the talus of Ritzingerfeld. Like from an eyrie you enjoy a gorgeous sight into the beginning of Rhone valley at your feet and across ...
WanderungFlowered natural meadows, bright larch forest and alpine flora rich in species accompany you on the way to unique Münstiger sun terrace. The hospitality of mountain hut Galmihorn and 360° broad panorama reimburse you for the effort of climbing up. The wilde and romantic Bächi valley welcomes ...
WanderungThis circular hike offers a matchless sight on the Rhone glacier, to lake Grimsel and across the area of Obergoms. It starts at alpine Furkapass and first a gentle pathway that becomes steeper leads upwards to Tällilücke. A short length still further upwards you reach the Tällistock. Then the ...
ThemenpfadOn the village square at Baschi-memorial there is a red information pillar. This is the starting point for the cultural route. In a shelf brochures free of charge are laid out. Therein the buildings are described in more details. On these particular buildings (see village map) there is a panel with ...
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms. As a comfortable one day hike of Gommer Höhenweg the section from Oberwald to Münster can be chosen.
WanderungOur trails begins at Reckingen train station and leads to picturesque wooden bridge over the river Rotten. Here we follow the guidepost for the hiking trail in direction to Mannlibode. On a small road we reach small river Blinne which we cross and follow for a few hundred metres. In a clearing the ...
WanderungAlpine circular hike on to a wonderful rewarding summit with view to 4000 metres mountains of Valais and the glaciers of Aare.
WanderungA great hike with breath-taking panorama to Rhone glacier, glaciers of Lauteraar- and Finsteraarhorn. This hike is a part of Four Headwaters Trail.
WanderungThe forest road is not laid out very steeply and in several turns we slowly walk upwards until the avalanche barriers. The pathway again gets steeper and smaller. After approx. 3 hours in total we reach the Galehitte, an old alpine buildung made from stone. This place is also used by hang-gliders as ...
ThemenpfadA protective forest offers protection for people and infrastructure against natural hazards like e.g. avalanches or falling rocks. In Goms the biggest part of forest area is identified as a protective forest. In the course of time the demands towards a protective forest have gone up. Growing ...
WanderungYou start the beautiful tour to Furka pass in Oberwald. Past the mountain village Gere, that once has been autonomous and even had an own jurisdiction, you reach alp Lenges, where the cattle from Oberwald spends the summer. From mountain ridge Bidmer you can enjoy magnificent mountain panorama with ...